Writing Portfolio - Ken Stadden
If you find a bad link on this page, please drop me a line. Thanks.
From the late 1980s through the late 1990s, I wrote about trucks and trucking technology as technical editor for Heavy Duty Trucking magazine.
After that period I got into Web development, but continued writing as a freelancer. Larger clients for whom I wrote include
Armstrong World Industries, Scania, and Godfrey Advertising.
In 2006 I became the editor and primary writer for the Concrete Answers newsletter, which grew from 4 to 24 pages over a span of two years.
Here is a PDF of the Fall 2008 Issue of Concrete Answers.
In 2014 I began writing regularly for the website, email newsletter and quarterly print newsletter of Arborist Enterprises. Also I continue working with a number of other clients, mostly
in content writing and light website maintenance.
In 2015 I began writing and editing LinkedIn profiles, and it is a growing niche for me. In early 2016 I created a website called Ghostwriter in the Cloud aimed
specifically at LinkedIn profile writing.
- Wrote four blog posts for Pennsylvania College of Art & Design.
- Stewart-Amos Steel, 2013, website, content, and design.
- NewComm Technologies, 2012, website and content (graphic design by Jeff Stadden).
- NewComm Distributing, 2012, website and content (graphic design by Jeff Stadden).
- ConServ Equipment, 2010, website and content (graphic design by Jeff Stadden).
- iMedicine Review, 2010, website and content (graphic design by Jeff Stadden).
- Justek Online (screen shot), 2009, website and content (graphic design by Jeff Stadden).
- Mid Atlantic Concrete Equipment. (Now available only in archived form because a new version has replaced it.
- Marketing Emails for Ten Thousand Villages (January 2006 through October 2006); wrote copy, HTML and CSS in Dreamweaver.
Concrete Industry Articles and Marketing Materials
- Cover stories for Concrete Products magazine, August 2015 and September 2015 - About the production of concrete for the Tappan Zee bridge replacement (New New York Bridge).
- Feature articles for Concrete Products magazine, 2010 and 2011 (No longer archived online.) - Interviewed business owners, did background research, collected photos, and wrote about concrete reclaimers.
- Quarterly Newsletters spanning 2006-2008 were about 90% mine. During my stint as marketing manager for Mid Atlantic Concrete Equipment, I wrote all front-page feature articles, the President's Letter (later Jaytalking),
Vendor Spotlights, Product Spotlights, most Preventive Maintenance articles (all except the first), and many of the bylined columns (ghostwritten).
- Direct-mail postcards and one magazine ad were created during 2006, 2007 and 2008 in collaboration with Jeff Stadden (graphic designer), and with input from Owen Blevins and Sean Kelly:
Providing Concrete Support (one-page ad)
Not Everything that Happens in Vegas... (postcard)
Do You Know this Man? (parts postcard series)
Don't Lose your Bearings (parts postcard series)
Turning Heads (parts postcard series)
Giving Them the Boot (parts postcard series)
Don't Blow It (parts postcard series)
Chasing Butterflies (parts postcard series)
Why Screw Around? (parts postcard series)
Trucking Industry Articles and columns
- For proof that I can think and use Excel in addition to writing, see this screen shot of a social media analytics dashboard I made for a client.
The dashboard spreadsheet summarizes data from underlying sheets which are updated periodically by staff members.